Day 6 (7 July 2006, Friday)

It's the last day of the official business... The mood was light... as we all knew once it's done, it's over :D The train journey was a short one... barely out of zone 2, I think... it took about 30 minutes.

Our last stop is Seven Kings High School. Oh yes, it's a very different school, a very down-to-earth one ... that I drew most satisfaction from amongst the 5 schools visited... probably having the chance to see the real teaching, that I believe there's no wayang... and, seeing pupils in the act, pupils' responses, is something I could associate with more... there's a mix of good and room-for-improvement practices... the use of interactive whiteboard by teachers, the deployment of resources based on department's acceptance to the rule of the "game", the availability of resources to pupils... yes, I was bought-in, and the strong leadership made a difference... It is something real... it's a school that touches the ground...