Day 8b: The Windsor Castle

The morning was cool... it rained the night before... yes, had spent almost an hour at the breakfast table... though the spread was as usual... not much... anyway, took the time to eat...

Went to Euston... then to Waterloo... it's easy to get the ticket, as a package... grab a croissant (the mushroom and cheese, same as the one I had to Birmingham)... there I went... Yes, spent most of the time writing postcards to my friends - in Singapore and Bhutan... of course, one for myself too... that I never fail to do whenever I'm overseas.

The view on the way was not scenic... compared to the ones we made in the past few days... buildings are modern... not much of the fields either.

The Castle is magnificent... Wow!!! It's beautiful... the skies!!! Yes, looking up the skies reminded me of a scene I saw in Yunan... the moving clouds... that's really beautiful.

One must-see is Queen Mary's Doll House... yes, that tells how one shows-off his/her wealth through art... it was a long long queue... anyway, am already there... might as well queue and see... ok, it's a 45-minute wait, though very tempted to join the next much shorter queue to see the state apartment only - which is grand... but that reminds me when visited the Versaille Palace in Paris... equally good, if not better :D All these tell how the monarchy splash their wealth! Except one, probably, the Bhutanese monarchy has a much simpler one, I guess.