Day 9b: Home Sweet Home

Spent the entire morning packing... ok, I was going to try my luck, to claim the VAT, since I already processed on @ Marks & Spencer. Yes, I have a bagful of goodies... the ones I got from M&S, the ones of got from Windsor Castle... and yes, the books from WHSmith!!! The bag was heavy, I thought... plus my luggage, it's going to exceed 20kg??? Nevermind, I shall try my luck...

Well, the Hotelink bus came, earlier than the scheduled time... had my 'seat-in coach last' tour of London - to the ulu-ulu places of westminster, the kenningsten park area (where Princess Diana once lived), the west of London.. and last but not least, the Terminal 4 of the Heathrow airport, which is far away from the rest of the terminals.

Yes, saw the VAT counter, but there's a queue... well, check again at the Information Counter, and guess what??? They said only the goods with forms accompanied by the retailer can have the claims processed... so, all my effort in the morning's gone!!! Can't claim for the books, the various items got at Windsor Castle, etc... What a disappointment!!! So, forget it... I didn't queue...

The check-in counter was already opened! Ok, thought I'm kiasu... there're more kiasu people - mostly the ang-mohs, too... checking in at least 3 hours ahead. Well, well, a few couples in front spent more than 20 minutes at the counter... llike moving house!!! One even open the luggage to re-organise their stuff so that the weight did not exceed the limit... Oops! When my turn came, will I do the same? Praying hard that my luggage won't exceed 25kg, as I vaguely recall we can check in up to that 'unannounced' amount... the counter officer seem to be very strict leh... ok... pray hard.... on the other hand... heng-er... if I didn't come early, will be waiting till sunset liao! hahaha....

Passed through the check-in counter safely... Phew! no overweight charges... very heng... (when came back, a look at the tag showed that it went up to 28kg!!!)

The next strange thing... no gate number printed on the boarding pass!!! and it's the airport's practice to get people to look at the board for updated info... just wonder... why can't they release the numbers there and then??? Strange!!! efficiency???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On 11 July, by 3 pm, I touched down... in Singapore...
It's great to be home :D I'm home... lugging my luggage...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The jetlag has been torturing... the time clock has gone upside down... nevermind, I'm home... ^.^