Day 6b: It's over... and a pat on our shoulder

At last, the official business is over... the afternoon, the evening is ours!!! Hooray... hm... is that a reward of the hard work over the past 5 days? Well... that's very fast, I thought! Looking back, it was so stressful upon confirming the trip... meeting, printing, getting ready, packing... ok, it's worse off than any trips made so far... be it an official business or on my own... though realise it's becomingly common to only start getting ready the evening before flying off... even for the Taipei trip...

I thought all the "walkings" are over! Can't remember how many miles I've covered by foot since June... ok, that's the Taipei trip where lots of legwork done, every night, up and down the nightmarkets and streets with Lee Cherh... similiarly here when we walked from one location to another... Thanks to Keith, who saved us lots of pounds by walking us through the gardens, etc... oh yes, maybe I have lose a few pounds too... hahaha... how I wish...

The very first treat was unplanned for... visiting an allotment of farmland, just around the corner of the school... It's interesting... that reminds me of Sarah's and LB's farms in Paro... I thought I recognise the pumpkin plants... and the strawberry plants... oh no, I have no expert eyes on plants... it reaffirms... oh yes, the plants were not spared... they were our models for that past 20-minute visit.

Yes, we had a glimpse of the remaining ruins (the old London wall), a small historical piece that I never know, thanks to Shoo Soon for asking and Keith for tirelessly walk us down the road to search for the remaining wall... there's St Paul... it's a petty that it now pays to enter... hm...

This dinner @ Shepherd's was an expensive one... I think because we have to foot our own bill... and probably is the most expensive one I ever had in my life, so far... almost 50 pounds per head!!! Imagine, multiplying by 3 to convert to Singapore dollars!!! Hm... perhaps it's one good way to give a pad on the shoulder... or it's one way to have a 'more traditional' British meal? I wonder... as part of the ritual (or curse??? now I begin to wonder....) we reached Shepherds after lots of 冤枉路... detouring and detouring... trying to figure out how to reach the destination within a maze!!! Oh yes, by the time we reached the restaurant, the skies almost turned dark (imagine, it's summer)... well, the dinner was great, afterall... (er... was it because we were very very exhausted by then???) hm... the starter with scallops and duck meat salad... main dish of the mutton and the pie... the dessert - mashy thingy (that I can't remember what's that) and something else I can't remember... hahaha... anyway yummy yummy... it was a memorable one ^.^